After a few omissions on my part I got a good calibration and OpenCat install.
After a few IR commands Bittle freezes or goes into wild servo movement and again freezes. Rebooting Bittle by turning him off and on works again for only a few moves.
I reinstalled Arduino IDE and downloaded a clean version of OpenCat and required libraries, Again got a clean calibration and OpenCat install. Bittle still locks up (crashes) after one or two commands.
I also tried my IR remote from Nibble with the same result.
A design observation. The IR receiver is somewhat hidden by its location.
Vey impressed with the molded plastic parts and overall design and packaging.